Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Series // #HandmadeHomemade2013: Napkins

Ah, finally I'm starting the series that was on my list since we rang in the new year: #HandmadeHomemade2013 (you can follow along on instagram with that hashtag). 

Ever since my return from Cambodia, I had it on my heart to live life more simply and to spend less on convenient products - plus I love that my mom and grandma taught me to stretch a penny! And by stretching a penny I'm talking about my grandma washing, drying and reusing Ziploc bags!

So, here's to a year of exploring ways to make the penny go farther and to making handmade/homemade items and products!

Things on my list include:

  • cloth napkins
  • salsa
  • hummus
  • detergent
  • dish soap 
  • candles
  • cleaning products
  • ketchup 
  • tomato sauce

..... any other suggestions? leave me a comment with an idea!

Last night, I stayed up to sew my cloth napkins. I was inspired by other bloggers that were finding great Etsy shops for their fabric. I ordered mis-matched fabrics and made napkins!



I just have to pick out a neon color thread! It's more fun! 
I folded the hem only once and pinned it down - should have done a double hem to stop the fray,
but you live you learn! 

and sew...it's pretty simple 





the finished product

Find fun fabric here:
StashModernFabric
Mix Fabrics
FiveMonkeyFabrics

with joy,
Aneta Nina

2 comments:

  1. I will try harder to enjoy and get used to using cloth napkins over paper napkins!

    Love,
    Your Husband

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, hey husband! You're wonderful and you'll love the napkins!

      Delete

Leave a note....