Tuesday, October 30, 2012

What's Cookin'?

Last week, I was a bit overwhelmed with other items on my to do list that I didn't really try any new recipes, but this week I am making and have made all new recipes! My husband helped plan the meal schedule this week - so this plan is a little special! 



Pulled pork is missing from the board! So, here's the menu this week - I really hope you feel inspired to try these recipes with me! 

Slow Cook Pulled Pork - Skinny Taste
Shopping list:
pork loin or shoulder, butt (hehehe) will work too {pork loin was a bit pricey}
red wine vinegar
Hickory liquid smoke 
bbq sauce

Full recipe is on Skinny Taste.

Since I made this dish on Monday, I will offer a tip: This recipe uses the wonderful slow cooker, however, the recipe says to cook the loin in the slow cooker for 6 hours on high with just a little bit of vinegar and liquid smoke. I came home to a burnt smell. Luckily, the pork wasn't too dry. I would go ahead and add water to cover most of the loin when using your slow cooker.

It was a very tasty dish! 

Shopping list:
plain Greek yogurt
cucumber
minced garlic
white wine vinegar
Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
dried oregano
boneless, skinless chicken breasts

red wine vinegar 
I am very excited to make this on Thursday!!
{photo from The Girl Who Ate Everything}
Pumpkin Butter - iVillage
Shopping List:
Pumpkin pie pumpkins
cinnamon 
sugar
allspice

Full recipe on iVillage.
I can't wait to make some homemade pumpkin butter! It takes about 1-2 hours to cook over the stove, but it will be worth it. Maybe I will make my biscuits to enjoy the butter with....hmmm.



happy cooking, friends! 
aneta nina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note....