Friday, October 4, 2013

Always in Motion // A lesson in slowing down

I've been told, especially lately, that I move quickly. And maybe I agree only because I have way too many scars from accidents that happened in the past year.

And then there's this scripture, "...Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." James 1:19

Sometimes I am not quick to listen and slow to speak, especially when I am in a "heated" discussion. I am only thinking about my next comment. But marriage, has taught me that it's always best to listen over speaking. I get myself into trouble! Just as much pain comes from slicing cheese too quickly and slicing my thumb as speaking over listening when I am in an argument with my husband! I usually wear a band aid for a while.

But there's grace. So much grace that Steve gives me. So much grace that God allows me to feel. I grow in those moments - the moments that I fail the most.

The last two weeks have been great lessons in slowing down.



with joy,
Aneta Nina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note....