Monday, October 8, 2012

What's cookin'?

Oh, hello there friends. This week, I have some visitors coming, so I decided to put a fun morning treat on the menu! EEK, I'm kind of nervous to bake though...not the best baker and we have high altitude here in Denver -- that's my excuse!! :)

Pesto Cavatappi
Shopping list:
grape tomatoes
mushrooms
curly noodles
olive oil
basil
walnuts
parmesan cheese

I made this dish a few times, so I basically made it my own. I love to make my own pesto and it's easy (and inexpensive). All you do is blend/food processor basil, walnuts, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. The noodle part is easy. Just boil the noodles and while thats happening sauté the mushrooms and tomatoes (cut the tomatoes in half) in oil. Add all the ingredients together and you got yourself a yummy dish!





Tuscan Bean Soup
Shopping list:
kale
potatoes
yellow onion
carrots
celery
cannellini beans
squash 
oil
garlic

Tis the season for some yummy soups and I am up for trying new recipes!! This one looks quite delightful! 
Image from Saveur

Chocolate Biscuits
Shopping list:
Dark chocolate
flour 
sugar
unsalted butter

Sounds simple, but I am still nervous to bake! This will be a great challenge for me either way! 
Image from Bakerella


Happy cookin'
Aneta Nina
PS - the best part is that my grocery list was under $70 for the week!! and I even purchased fruits and veggies for our lunches. i'm telling ya these planned meal are saving us big $$$$$!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a note....