Thursday, September 20, 2012

Aneta's Banana Bread

I call it Aneta's banana bread because I seriously threw in these ingredients together a few years ago. The whole time it was in the oven I was a wreck. I wanted it to turn out and well, it DID. Fast forward a few years and I'm finally sharing my recipe. It's pretty similar to other typical banana bread recipes - but my recipe leaves room for creativity!

Side note, I added pumpkin puree since I had some leftover from my pumpkin creamer (recipe included).

-- Recipe --
2 cups of flour (I use whole wheat)
** I also add flaxsee and oats with the flour - use your own discretion (see here's the 'room for     creativity')**
3/4 tsp baking soda
dash of salt
1 cup of applesauce
2 large eggsj
dash of vanilla
2 tbsp honey
1 cup of chopped walnuts
2 cups of chocolate chips
-- Use the following spices -- 
ground cinnamon
pumpkin pie spice
ground nutmeg

Preheat oven to 350.

Mix wet ingredients and combine with dry ingredients. Spray loaf pan with a little Pam or whatever you have! And bake for about 50 to 60 minutes. Let stand to cool and ENJOY!







Pumpkin Spice Creamer!
I made pumpkin creamer this week too. It was quite delish. I found the recipe here: http://www.lauralikesdesign.com/blog/2012/09/12/homemade-pumpkin-spice-coffee-creamer/
but I had to make a few adjustments to fill my glass. Also, if you use this recipe I recommend that you don't add the pumpkin to the almond milk and sweet cream when heating. I found it to work better when I added just a little milk to the pumpkin before heating it. It was much easier to mix until smooth.

I tripled all the ingredients to fill this jug! I really enjoyed this recipe and creamer because it tasted more like a pumpkin without the fake sugar taste! 


with joy,
aneta nina

3 comments:

  1. wow I didn't even THINK about making creamer. that's brilliant! I'll totally be trying this. I found your blog from the big group giveaway....excited to go check out your shop too! newest follower here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the creamer is delish! it tastes a bit more natural than if you were to go get a pumpkin latte. thanks for the love and encouragement - and welcome!! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a note....